Deaf Date
Finding Deaf Singles Dates

Hearing impairment struggle Comments and Suggestions Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Jun 19, 2014 at 08:32 PM

Hey yall, I am hearing impaired, i am 23 and its difficult having to go to work and struggle understanding what people are saying, its an everyday hurt. I work in a factory so we wear earplugs, but it doesnt matter they still communicate with each other so easily even though its loud. makes me feel pretty terrible. been struggling since 09 with this. My daughter is 3 and i dont even understand most of the things she says.... but im sure most of you would say get a hearing aid... well my hearing impairment is unexplainable, from what the docter said theres nothing really i can do. but with that said its rough and i wanted some input on how i can feel better about this and or how i can better understand people? thank you!

Follow - email me when people comment
  • 1Comment

• View author's info Posted on Oct 11, 2014 at 09:41 PM

I'm sorry that you've been through it for a long time. Do you have a smartphone to use for communication with employees / employer? Just not for texting but there's an app you can also use...like, a person speaking into the phone and the phone gets to transcribe what he/she says, so you can read. That could make communication easier..even if you might not like that. Thats how I communicate with employees. I teach them some basic signs only because communication is required for better teamwork at work. You might as well have to try learn signs if you want to survive in the deaf world. Please don't think of it as a curse....it's going to be a huge blessing if you will learn to go down on a journey in the deaf world. 

There are the studies showing that non-deaf children learning signs have faster language development and higher cognitive thinking. 

Deaf Dating - Search Listings Now - Deaf Blogs - Deaf Books - Deaf Videos

Website Design by Ground Floored